Prefab Tool for Unreal Engine
A downloadable unreal engine plugin for Windows
Prefab Tool brings nested prefab support to Unreal Engine.
It allows you to convert preconfigured actors in the level to prefab asset in the content browser, and then add the prefab to the same or other levels as many time as you like.
Prefab can be edited in the level editor directly, all changes to the prefab can then be propagated to all exisiting prefab instances.
You can disconnect a prefab instance to prevent it being automatically updated by prefab changes. Or you can choose to revert any changes to the prefab instance.
Prefab can be nested to support complex scene hierarchy. Changes to nested prefab can be reverted or propagated like normal prefabs.
Prefab is an editor tool to help level building, it can't be spawned in runtime. Once prefab instances been placed in the level, you can choose to convert them back to normal actors.
List of Features:
- Create Prefab from collection of actors in the level
- Nested Prefab to support complex scene hierarchy
- Preview Prefab Thumbnail in Content Browser and Detail View
- Drag and drop Prefab into the level to instantiate actors collection
- Edit Prefab directly inside level editor
- Apply changes of Prefab to all Prefab instances
- Revert changes of Prefab instances
- Convert Prefab instances to normal actors
- Destroy Prefab Actor with option to destroy whole hierarchy
- Swap Prefab Asset anytime
- Full c++ source code included, works with both Luancher and Github builds
- Works with both c++ and blueprint only projects
- Prefab Edtiro Moduel is precompiled for Win64; Prefab Runtime Module is precompiled for Win32/Win64/Android
Known Limitation and Issues:
- Prefab is base on actor hierarchy, actor types which can't be attached to other actor are not supported. (BSP Brush/Group Actor/Landscape)
- Full source code included
- Requires one license per seat
- Add Prefab in Create Basic Asset category
- Fixed bug blueprint archetype stored in preab asset references table, preventing redirectors been fixup
- Fixed bug prefab thumbnail preview scene holding up preview actor references unnecessary
- Fixed bug that thumbnail origin offseted
- Improved prefab asset references parsing
- Added log output of un-supported actors
In order to download this unreal engine plugin you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $25.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: